Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas, Christmas time is here....



I remembered to get a picture of Andy with the "Baby's First Christmas" bib. (I completely forgot Thanksgiving, and didn't even think of it till a few days later. Alas!)

The day before Christmas it occurred to me that we should get a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament for Andy, too. Doug and Kate were going out, so I asked them to look for one. Here's what they found:



(When Doug was describing it to me over the phone, I asked, "Is it creepy? It sounds creepy.")



Grandma Mary sent these ornaments that she made for the kids.



We had a big dinosaur Christmas a couple of years ago, and this year was definitely a dinosaur year too. Kate got two dinosaur toys (the Playskool walking triceratops, which she'd been asking for since summer, and the Playmobil brachiosaurus), and for a joint present I found a Scholastic DVD of dinosaur stories.





Kate named her triceratops Blue. (Most of her names tend to be color-related, or descriptive along the lines of Chompy, Toothy, or Beaky.)






Like our matching pajamas? (Especially in front of the Ugly Couch. Yowza!)

It was a pretty low-key kind of day. We had our own little ham dinner and watched The Grinch (the animated one, of course) and Lady and the Tramp (which begins and ends at Christmas). I got a little more done on my scrapping project which I still haven't finished. I wish we lived closer to our families--it would be nice to be able to get together for holidays.

2 comments:

Betsey said...

We saw those triceratopses at the store and I said Kate would love them! It was actually the baby one that I was playing with. It's grey instead of blue I think. But totally adorable. We saw the mom too.

Helen in Australia said...

I know what a blessing it is to be able to visit family for Christmas, but you are creating memories and traditions for your own family that Kate and Andy will remember in years to come. ("Remember the time Mom took that photo up against the Ugly Couch in our clashing matching pyjamas!":-) )