Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's Halloween!



I remembered to get a picture of Andy with the "Baby's First Halloween" bib!

We were prepared with candy, but didn't see any trick-or-treaters before we left at 6:00 to go to the Halloween party at the church.



Kate wore her dragon costume again. I kept asking her if she wanted a different costume, but nope, she just wanted to be a dragon.



Doug and I both ended up going the non-costume costume route. I think Doug would have dressed up, but we had a bit of miscommunication about exactly when the party started and we were running late, so he just grabbed his German hat on the way out and said he was a World Traveler. He was already wearing his Welsh T-shirt, so that worked out okay. This is a shirt that he had made at Cafe Press a couple of weeks ago, that says on it, in Welsh: "I went to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio-
gogogoch and all I got was this lousy T-shirt." (Side note: Doug once asked Kate if she could say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, and she said, "No, I'm too sick.")

I went as an MWAC. (Pronounced "em-wack," this stands for "Mom With A Camera.") Oddly enough, no one asked me what I was.



There was trick-or-treating around the (spookily decorated) classrooms, and a few booths with games in the gym. Kate was intrigued by the fishing game.



"I caught a pencil!" (very exciting.)



There was also a chili cook-off. Andy thought that part was pretty exciting.



I was remembering the cute picture of Kate bear-crawling at the Halloween party when she was this age. Andy's getting around all over the place, but I haven't seen him bear-crawling at all. Perhaps he's got better calluses on his knees, or something.



He did seem to enjoy all the costumes and colors.




Kate kept going back to the fishing booth over and over (I don't even know how many times--fifteen? Twenty?) and came home with six pencils, these three little finger puppets, and assorted geegaws.



Larry Golden (who took our six month photo shoots this summer) had a room set up to take photos, with studio lights. When I took Kate in, he put the hot shoe attachment on my camera to trigger the lights, and took one for me. Pretty cool!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I love the photo of you and Kate, very nice!

It looks like a fun time.

Janelle said...

You are an excellent MWAC! Love these pics!

Kathey said...

Thanks!

Heather T. said...

Oh, I just love that photo of you!! And the others are all adorable, too. Great focus on the Andy-crawling ones!

scrapper al said...

Cute pics, but I'm especially happy to see one with you.