Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ye canna change the laws o' physics



Kate has been enjoying playing with Play-Doh. She likes to make footprints--and other prints--in it with her dinosaurs and other toys. It occurred to me that Play-Doh can be used to teach a few things about how the world works. Like the principal of Conservation of Matter. This means that if I use up all the purple Play-Doh to make you an octopus, I cannot then make a baby octopus, at the same time, with the same purple Play-Doh. Important lesson there.

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

*chuckling* Those darn laws. We're studying the US judicial system and how laws that are unfair can be changed if you try hard enough. Allen is all about becoming a supreme court judge at this point. =)

Pam said...

LOL!! How cute!! And so true. We had an economic discussion today. Since I spent a $1 on a treat for you, then I therefore do not have a $1 for a toy car for you.

Lara Neves said...

Excellent teaching moment indeed. I'm guessing there might have been a bit of a fit thrown, regardless. At least, there would have been if my children were involved.

Covered In Crafts said...

Gosh she is just adorable!

Kathey said...

How true! Very good.

Love, Mom