Friday, December 19, 2008

Warmth and Fellowship



Like many parts of the country, we're getting a fair bit of cold and snow right now. Mostly we've been cocooning (I'm still waiting for that nesting urge to kick in, but the cocooning urge is pretty strong), but we have managed to get out some, too. Monday night we went over to the Tracys' house for dinner with friends. Doug and Don provided some after-dinner music, and then we played with my musical pipes.



Kate had fun with the Little People nativity.



I've discovered that taking pictures of fiddlers can be tricky because they tend to make funny faces while they're playing. At least this one does.

Tuesday there was a Primary activity at the church, where the kids got to decorate their own gingerbread houses. Or graham cracker houses, that is.




Kate had a good time. (She looks so serious! It takes a lot of concentration.)

Wednesday night we were back at the Tracys' again, to practice the musical pipes for the ward Christmas party. I asked for volunteers and got six people (including me), but everyone was feeling adventurous and willing to double up on pipes so we could cover a total of twelve notes. We practiced three songs and were sounding pretty good. (Catharine took pictures--I'll see if I can post them if I can get them from her.) Unfortunately we just got news that the party has been canceled, so I guess we don't get to play. Alas! They're expecting a big storm. Time for more cocooning.

4 comments:

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

Kate is looking so mature. I love how focused she is on her work. Too bad about the Ward party.

Kathey said...

Loved the pictures of Kate. It's really too bad about the party. Hopefully you'll be able to do the pipes another time.

Anonymous said...

Stay safe and warm! How far away is the hospital?

I followed your suggestions for the hand bell chart, but ended up having a huge headache so I thought it best not to coordinate a bunch of kids and bells, so I cancelled it. Ah well, next year!

Barbie Mills said...

Kate kind of gets the same look that you and Dad (and I) get. Cute. Her eyebrows aren't as furrowed, though.