Monday, December 22, 2008

38+ weeks



Getting down to the wire! At my appointment on Friday I was dilated 2 cm. The doctor said, "See you next week--unless I see you before then!"

People keep telling me I'm not very big. I'm ten pounds lighter than I was with Kate. (And Kate was only 6 lbs 9 oz.) I promise I really am eating.

This has been a pretty easy pregnancy. I haven't had nearly as much heartburn as I did with Kate (yay!). Apparently the old wives tales associate heartburn and hair, so maybe he'll be completely bald. He also seems less active than Kate was. Maybe he'll be a good sleeper. A small, bald baby who sleeps a lot. We'll see!

8 comments:

Becki said...

Wow Helena you look great! Hope you're feeling great too. I'm excited for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. I know your little guy will be a cutie, with or without hair.

nadine said...

Well the old wives tale did not work by me. Domminiq I had no heart burn and He had a tun of hair. Tyson I lived off of tums. and he had a lot of hair. hmmm. Well he will be a cutie no matter what. take care and good luck

Mimi said...

You look fantastic! Wow!

My youngest was also not as active, I think he got stuck head down early.

Heather T. said...

Ohhh, I wish you the very best! What a Christmas present!

Freer Family said...

Look at your cute baby bump! You look great! Have a Merry Christmas!

Kathey said...

You look gorgeous, healthy and Oh so cute!

Love, Mom

Chris said...

I'm so excited for you! Here's to a quick, painless delivery and a happy baby who lets Mom and Dad sleep at night! Take care, Helena.