Saturday, September 24, 2005

Spacious Skies


We flew out early on a Wednesday morning. Our flight was at 9:00, and we had to leave our house at a little after 6:00, so we were feeling rather groggy. Doug dozed off shortly after takeoff, but then I woke him up to tell him that we could see Rainier, Adams, and St. Helens all at the same time. I knew he would want to see them. As we were gaping out the window Mt. Hood came into view as well. We'd never had such a great view. Of course I got out the camera (this picture is stitched together from four shots--pretty good, no?) Then a little later I told Doug I could see another mountain past Hood, and he said it must be Jefferson. It was a great day for mountains.

Kate slept a lot, and when she woke up she was mostly content to sit and play with whatever was handy (we brought along her pencil from the fair). People commented on what a good little traveler she was.

I got out the camera again as we were nearing Detroit and took some pictures of the clouds. That second one has some shapes in it that make me think of bears.



In Detroit we got on a little commuter plane that took us to the Dayton airport, and my family picked us up there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those mounains and clouds are awesome. It's amazing that you can stitch together four shots like that.

Love ya, Mom

teresa said...

Helena - love the shots of the mountains/volcanos :) It looks amazing :)

Suzanne said...

What beautiful pictures. I've always wanted to take pictures of the clouds, but thought I'd look silly doing so. Now you've inspired me to go for it. It is one of my favorite things about airplane travel!
--scrapsuzy, http://www.myscrapblog.com/scrapsuzy/