Sunday, August 16, 2009

Six Months Photo Shoot(s)

The day Andy was 26 weeks old coincided with his six-month birthday. I remember the same thing happened with Kate--seems there are just the right number of days in the months between December and June for them to fall on the same day of the week.

When Kate was six months old, Rebecca came over after work and took some pictures for us outside our apartment. (This was the old old apartment.)





I wanted to do the same thing for Andy. I asked Larry Golden from church if he could come over and take some pictures with my camera. I thought the evening light would be best, so around 7:00 we went over to a little strip of trees on the other side of the Seventh-day Adventist church behind our complex.

We had some technical difficulties, in the form of too-low shutter speeds. The pictures were mostly pretty sharp, in spite of this--Larry must have amazingly steady hands--but I, unfortunately, do not have amazingly steady kids.



Andy's got a case of Blurry-Eye. (It's a new thing. Not usually contagious.)



Yikes!



This one would almost be okay--if Andy had his eyes open, and if Kate weren't sucking on her bottom lip (and if Andy's fingers weren't blurry).



My mom wants a vertical photo for her wall. We haven't had much luck with this.



No dear, that's not attractive.

After surveying the damage, we rescheduled. We got together again a few days later on July 1. The shutter speed problem was solved, but the kids were less than thrilled. Andy was getting tired and hungry, and Kate was just thoroughly camera-ed out.



Another attempt at the vertical photo. (Did I mention it was windy?)



Kate is supremely bored.



"Oh--Andy! Let me wipe that up for you."



"Will this madness never end?"



"Ahh! Feel the wind!"



These two I like!



I wanted to try a standing pose and asked Doug to pick Kate up. This was not what I had in mind.




I think this one needs to go on a Christmas card. With a caption like, "Wishing your family much joy and happiness."

So I didn't get that one perfect photo. But the collection is priceless. Thanks Larry!

6 comments:

Lorri said...

love the collection too...maybe you can make your mom a little collage frame for the wall!

MamaBug said...

I agree, all together a priceless collection!! They make me smile!!

Barbie Mills said...

LOVE the Christmas card idea. That would be awesome.

Kathey said...

LOVE IT! My favorites are "Kate is supremely bored," "Will This Madness Ever End?" and "…Joy and Happiness." The collection is priceless, but the captions make it even more so. You make me smile.

Love, Mom

mycattripoli said...

yes - the last one for christmas cards-
these are a great batch of family pics! your kids really are precious- i love having kate in primary

Laura Call said...

These truly are priceless, Helena! These will be great to have to look back on.