Thursday, August 06, 2009

watercolor and stuff

This is what I've been working on for the past few days. I haven't been able to contribute to the monthly collaboration kit at NDISB for a few months, so I thought I'd better do something this time. The theme is "From Dusk to Dawn," in blues and greens.



I've been drawing, painting (and supervising Kate painting at the same time), cutting, photographing, extracting, and making shadows. Whew! Finally done. I made the frog first and was going to make the snail cartoony too, but it didn't quite turn out that way. So the frog doesn't really match the other pieces.

It's hard to get anything done with two kids! Andy is managing to get into all sorts of things, and he can't even lift his tummy off the floor yet.

5 comments:

Hallie Owens said...

It is dang cute to me. Sorry if it is not meant to be cute. But I like it.

Heather T. said...

These are just adorable (and so well done!), Helena!

MamaBug said...

Love them!!

"Andy is managing to get into all sorts of things, and he can't even lift his tummy off the floor yet."

Amazing how they can do that, isn't it?

Kathey said...

Wow. Looks great. Love the detail on the moth, and all the shadows, and froggie…

It's amazing how little people figure out their own ways of doing things isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Have you ever tried Copic markers? I'm dipping my toes in those waters...