Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eight Things (tag)

I have added Mary to the list of blogs that I stalk, for her gorgeous photography, beautiful children, and her stunning wit. (And for some reason her updates don't show up on my Bloglines, so I have to actually check her blog regularly to see if there's anything new.) I checked the other day and was aghast to see that she had tagged me.

Eight things I did yesterday:

1. Played two games of Go Fish with Kate, while keeping one leg in barrier position to keep Andy from eating the cards.

2. Edited a couple of photos for Scott, of the mural on one of the buildings downtown that he manages (which I am not helping to restore--the mural, that is).

3. Dropped off a small box of clothes at the consignment store and then ran down to Trader Joe's for a few things.

4. Crocheted a bit (I think that was yesterday?)

5. Fielded questions from the neighbor kids, like, "Can Kate come outside?" ("If she wants to.") "Can Andy come outside?" ("Ummmmm.....")

6. Tried on three shirts that arrived from Kohls and decided they were all keepers.

7. Warmed up bacon lentil soup for dinner. I love having leftovers. I make leftovers on purpose.

8. I was going to give Kate a bath, but she was feeling a bit peaky. We'll have to do that tonight.

Eight favorite shows:

(Of the shows that I actually watch...)

1. Chuck

2. Monk

3. Psych

(and for the rest I guess I'll have to go to shows that aren't actually on anymore)

4. Firefly, of course.

5. Stargate SG-1 (though I'd have to say I didn't enjoy the later seasons quite as much).

6. Highlander

7. Farscape (we came to it late and missed out on large chunks).

8. I have a big soft spot for The Greatest American Hero, though I fear it may not have aged too well.

Eight favorite restaurants:

I don't know if I've even been to eight different restaurants here. Let me think....

1. My very favorite restaurant will always be Bruno's in St. John's, Newfoundland, where I painted my first mural. It was such a great experience, and the food and hospitality were fabulous. Bruno died suddenly right after we left. I hear the restaurant is still there, but it's called Cioppino's now.

2. I Love Bento

3. I'm still mourning the loss of Federico's, which was a great little Mexican place that had the best carne asada and carnitas. So good. We used to go there about once a week.

4. Vien Dong (which we first heard about from one of Doug's students)

5. Chevy's, just because we end up going there every couple of months. Kate likes to play with their dough balls.

6. Bombay Bistro (a bit more expensive than the typical Indian lunch buffet, but really yummy).

7. Cerello's pizza (local, run by Koreans, and they're closed on Sunday! And the pizza is quite tasty).

8. O Bok Jip or Chung Ki Wa, down in Lakewood (they're right across the street from each other and we pretty much just alternate. Today we went to O Bok Jip).

Eight things I look forward to:

1. Fall, because I love fall!

2. A new Miles Vorkosigan book (Yay!)

3. Having a house of our own. Some day.

4. Painting more murals.

5. Going back to Korea some day.

6. I've been doing some de-junking and rearranging, and I'm looking forward to making my space a space that I'm pleased with and happy to be in. I'm even planning some decorating.

7. I have some more crocheting ideas that I'm eager to try out.

8. When Kate turns five, I'm going to read her No Flying in the House. That was the first book I read to my brother, when he was five.

Eight people I tag:

1. Heather T.

2. Ida

3. Laura Call

4. Amy B.

5. Bronwyn

6. You!

7. Jeanette

8. Jessica (You can do this on Facebook. You know, if you want.)

4 comments:

Laura Call said...

I loved The Greatest American Hero! Wow, I haven't thought of that show in a LONG time! And I know what you mean when it comes to playing games with the older ones and trying to keep the littlest one from destroying it all while trying to play at the same time... it's challenging. Oh, and we're headed out of town today but I'll do this tag when I get back.

Betsey said...

I agree about The Greatest American Hero not aging so well. I have the first seasons of the A-Team and Quantum Leap, and they're still pretty good. I just finished watching all 6 seasons of Highlander, and I was highly pleased. I remember loving it, and I was not disappointed (except for the season 5 finale and some of the 6th season). Highlander definitely stands the test of time. Peter Wingfield is even more adorable than I remembered. Too bad he's not really immortal.. or at least 20 years younger and single. Sigh. Of course Adrian Paul is hot and the sword play is lovely to watch, but Peter Wingfield is just scrummy. Ok, now I'm just babbling. Watch it again if you have time :p I especially liked seasons 3-5, and the series finale was actually decent. You can watch them all on Hulu. Now I've moved on to Babylon 5, but I haven't gotten very far yet. I remember loving that one too.

Ok, now I'm done.

The Dreamstress said...

4. Firefly, of course.

Yay!

Chalfont said...

Is it me that you tagged?