Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lo, I am publishéd.

I have a layout (the Korean food one from this post) in the Oct/Nov 2008 issue of Digital Scrapbooking Magazine. I didn't realize it was out until Heather T. mentioned it, and then my complimentary copy came in the mail a few days later.

I had quite a few (paper) layouts published, way back when (some are posted here), and was even a winner in Creating Keepsakes' Hall of Fame contest in 2002. (This was before they changed the rules. I don't know if I would even enter these days. Talk about complicated.) But it's been a few years since I've submitted anything. This is my first digital layout, and also the first layout with Kate in it that I've had published, so that's kind of fun.



I got the whole page to myself! They spelled my name wrong once and right once. Heh.

13 comments:

Heather T. said...

So awesome--congratulations! =)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love how all your journaling in that one is in Korean. It makes me curious what it's talking about!
Congrats!

Kristen said...

wow. I know someone famous!

Ernie said...

Congrats! And thanks for the link to the original post. You are wonderfully gifted. :)

Anonymous said...

And there's a comma missing in the caption to the left of your info, but hey, we're not nitpicking here, are we?

Congratumalations! And send more stuff!

Freer Family said...

Congrats! What a fun accomplishment! You are the digital scrapbooking master!

Anonymous said...

Excellent page indeed! How did you mat/frame the photos?

Helena said...

Julie--it's just a really thin white border, with a bit of shadow on the whole thing.

Thanks! :)

Becky said...

It's gorgeous! What talent you have!

Kathey said...

Congratulations Helena! I also loved seeing all those layouts again. Thanks for including them.

Love, Mom

Carin said...

Congrats Helena! I bet they said your name wrong too. ;O)

Laura Call said...

Wow! Very cool... congrats!! You are one talented woman I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Cool page! Wish I could read the journaling. ;)