Saturday, September 06, 2008

Fair Fun

Yesterday we went to the Puyallup fair with Scott. Doug is actually working at the fair this year. We weren't sure what his schedule was going to be, but it turned out he didn't have to start till 4:00 yesterday, so we all went together in the morning, and then came home without Doug. (Admission is free if you get in before noon on the first day--yay!)

We took the bus to avoid parking hassles. The bus was so full that we had to stand (all the way to Puyallup. I was having Korea flashbacks) but there was a nice lady who let Kate sit on her lap.

We took a quick spin through the art hall (paintings and drawings and stuff) first, before Kate got too impatient. There's some amazing stuff there. I keep meaning to enter something--maybe one of these years I'll get myself in gear and actually do it.



Kate remembered the "big swing" from last year and was very excited about doing that again. Last year we went on it with her, but this time they weren't allowing adults, so she rode with another little girl.



Kate enjoys a hot dog. (Fair food!)



Doug and Kate went on this little tiger roller coaster (twice). Kate loved it. When they got off she said, "That was fun! It was so bumpy!"



(Here Doug's holding his hand against the side of the car to keep Kate from bonking her head.)



Baby piggies! Awwwww!



Here's a Guernsey cow for my dad. (He grew up on a Guernsey farm in Illinois.) Mooooo!



That morning at the bus stop, Kate was pretending to be a frog, so Scott bought her this toy frog. (Her lips are slightly blue from a slushie. Kate's, I mean, not the frog's.)



Eye rub! Big day. Kate did a lot of walking. I had to stand again on the bus on the way home, but Scott got a seat (we figured he might qualify as elderly or handicapped, or possibly both) so he held Kate on his lap. She conked out on his shoulder and slept all the way home.

Doug's working again today. They've got him cooking French fries. Kate keeps asking where he is.

I got sunburned. Ow.

8 comments:

Heather T. said...

When did Kate start looking so much like a little girl?! Except for the last pictures, awww. =)

Our Creative Day said...

Fun Day! We caught the parade that starts the fair for the first time this year - it was fun! They run the bulls into the fair - which officially opens the fair.

Thought I'd share that if you happen to enter anything into the fair in the future - they give you free fair tickets when you enter. Kind of a small perk :) Just a tip! My DH enters homebrew in the fair each year - so, we use his tickets!

Maizie @ 2peas in Puyallup

Kathey said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll make sure Dad sees the Guernsey.

Love, Mom

Carin said...

She is getting so dang big! I can't believe it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, she does look like she's all grown up in these pictures. I see I'm not the only one to think so! What a cutie.

Brooke said...

What a fun day at the fair! I can't wait until the fair starts in our area next week. :)

Brlooke on 2peas

Laura Call said...

I love the rollercoaster ride picture of Doug and Kate... that's a great shot! We're looking forward to going to the fair this week. Seeing your pictures got me all excited to go!

Mimi said...

We went yesterday, it was fun.

Great photos.