Sunday, August 14, 2005

My new church calling

Today I was called to be the Mia Maid advisor. Normally this means working with the 14-16 year old girls, but our ward doesn't split the classes up because there aren't very many Young Women. (Although, when I was in Young Women we always split up, and there were a lot of times when I was the only one in my class.) I'm not a counselor, just an advisor. Turns out they asked for me because they want me to do most of the Sunday teaching. I'm sure this would be fine, but I don't know how it'll work with Kate. She's usually getting pretty fractious by the third hour. Doug can take her, and may be able to keep her distracted for a good long time, but when it comes to the point that she decides she's ready to nurse and take a nap, there's nothing else for it.

Once we get the details worked out it could be a lot of fun. They seem like really great girls.

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

Good luck with Kate! Libby has decided that church is for nursing. she starts fussing the minute we sit down in our bench. oh well. enjoy being with the YW! they can be a lot of fun.