Monday, May 28, 2012

(Dead) into the Fire Swamp



We didn't have any big plans for Memorial Day (Doug had a lot of grading to do), but we did take a walk over to China Lake after lunch.  There's one section with twisty, mossy trees that reminds me of the Fire Swamp in The Princess Bride. I've been wanting to go back and get some pictures. 



We took a friend along--a classmate of Kate's who lives in the complex across the street.



"I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely." 





I am happy to report that we did not encounter any Lightning Sand or Rodents of Unusual Size on our journey.

The rest of the (non-Fire-Swamp) pictures:







<


Back home in time for Andy's nap!

2 comments:

Helen in Australia said...

"We'll never survive!"

"Nonsense! You're only saying that because no one ever has."

I notice, however, that the three terrors of YOUR fire swamp seem to be bipedal. :-)

Barbie Mills said...

Good thing there wasn't any lightning sand. That stuff looks dangerous.