Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Stake Art Show



The Stake Art Show was February 26th (Saturday, the day before my birthday!) Kate had been home for three days with a bad cold, and was finally feeling better, so I asked her if she'd like to go over to the art show with me for a while. She was so glad to get out of the house.



We'd had quite a bit of snow but Kate was too sick to go out and play in it.  So sad!  Glory and Sky made a snow fort right outside Kate's window.  By Saturday the snow was melting, but the walls of the fort were still there.




We went over to the church for the show, where the exhibits were set up in the gym.  We have some talented artists in our stake!



My little display.  Most of the art that I do is for other people, so normally I don't really have much on hand.  I was glad to have a couple of pieces that I could enter--the drawing of Craig and the first panel of the model train backdrop.  I still have a long way to go on the rest of the backdrop, but I was able to get this panel  looking presentable for the show.  Most of that bottom right corner will be hidden behind the hill when it's in place on the table



The schedule said there was a painting workshop from 11:00-2:00.  We thought this might be a drop-in sort of thing.  It turned out it wasn't, but they let Kate paint anyway.



This kept her enthralled for a good long time while I went out and looked at the other exhibits (popping back in every few minutes to check on her). Of course, she can paint at home, but I suppose there's something about painting at the art show that makes it extra exciting.



After painting, we watched a demonstration by the Pacific Ballroom Dance company. Kate was intrigued. (I know she enjoyed some of the music.)

A lot of work went into this event--it was well organized and well attended! When I went back over at 8:00 to pick up my stuff, there was a performance still going on and the place was packed.

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oh, I looooooooove your painting of Mt. Rainier... so beautiful!!

Kathey said...

Wow. Really nice.