Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Sometimes you can't grab the camera.

"Don't get mad, take pictures!" is a phrase some of you might be familiar with from the scrapbooking (and blogging) world. If, for example, you discover that your child has decorated himself with your stamping ink, or covered the kitchen floor in plastic baggies, just treat it as a photo op!

The other day, when I was working on lunch, I discovered Andy squatting next to a pile of noodles in the middle of the living room carpet, with an empty colander beside him. I must admit that the camera was not the first thing that went through my mind. Whoops! Apparently I wasn't feeding him quickly enough.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I have a friend back in CA (where I used to live) who photographed all such misbehavior (this was more than 10 years ago) for its use against teenagers and young adults (blackmail is SUCH a harsh term, don't you think?)--I liked that idea enough to try to gather my own, ahem, evidence. And, as it turns out, so far all my children enjoy the tales of their mischief-making.

Kathey said...

Oh, it's too bad you don't have a picture. I would love to see that one. I take it the noodles were supposed to be part of lunch?

Do you remember when you and Peter went sliding on the patterning table? We got pictures of the two of you covered in corn starch.