Friday, October 16, 2009

The view from Autumn

I was doing pretty well with the getting-caught-up-on-the-blog thing, but then I fell off the wagon again. I'm still about two months behind. I'm working on another crochet project that I want to finish while's it's still in season, so I've been head-down in that for a while. Kate and I have been sick, too, which doesn't help.

Autumn is upon us. I've been enjoying the vibrant colors from our dining room window, and marveling at how the lighting somehow makes even the cars in the parking lot look richer. Colorful, but soggy. It's been raining a lot lately, but on Tuesday it cleared up long enough for things to dry out a bit, and the neighbor kids were all playing outside.



Kate runs over with a handful of leaves to dump on my head. Much hilarity ensues. (The other girls helped me pick everything out of my hair afterward.)



Andy, inside with Dad, watches the fun through the back door. See how far behind I am? Yep, he's standing now.

We're getting used to Doug's new schedule (busy, teaching four classes). He's tired but he and Andy have, thus far, managed to avoid coming down with this cough. Knock on wood.

3 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oh, Kate is looking so grown up... And that last photoshoot of Andy you posted... hilarious! Wish my boy would even eat that much now! (he's picky)

Lara Neves said...

It sounds like so much fun to go play in the leaves! I need to remember to actually do it. :)

Helen in Australia (via Oxford) said...

I was just about to say "Oh my, isn't Kate growing up" ... and Heather T. already beat me to it. I just love the photos of your kids: you have such a good eye for portraits.