Saturday, October 03, 2009

Multnomah Falls

On the way back from Portland we made a detour and went to see Multnomah Falls. We stopped by Vista House, which overlooks the Columbia River Gorge. What a view!







Another shot of the view. This is the kind of place I would like to just sit and watch the light change.

Next stop: Multnomah Falls.



There's a whole string of waterfalls in the area. This is definitely the most spectacular (and most crowded).




I couldn't fit the whole falls in, without a wide-angle lens, but I did take multiple pictures and put them together. Here's my result:



We'll have to go back sometime, when the kids are older (and it's not so hot) and take the trail up to the bridge. Or even, if we're feeling ambitious, all the way to the top!

9 comments:

Heather T. said...

WOW!!! What a totally cool page!

Lara Neves said...

Totally in love with the waterfall collage. I need to keep that in mind to try next time I have something too big to photograph.

Elayne said...

love the waterfall pics!

Wingnut said...

Oh my! The way you layered the falls photos together is stunning! That would make a fantastic poster!

jennahoo? said...

I love Multnomah Falls and Vista House! We've been there a few times and my favorite time to go is in the fall.....beautiful colors.

MamaBug said...

Wow! Add this to my list of places I want to go! Love the way you pieced the photos together! Way cool.

Barbie Mills said...

I have to say that the waterfall collage is lovely. The white edges on the photos makes it especially eye-catching.

Helen in Australia said...

Drooling! I'm a waterfall addict, and the montage is very spectacular. It's curious how the falls' magnitude is actually accentuated by the fact that you HAVEN'T "stitched" them in the new-fangled electronic way.

Unknown said...

that is WAY cool--M