Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kate's haircut

Kate got her first haircut! I was planning to get her hair cut anyway, before going to Ohio, and then while we were down at the farmer's market we won a gift certificate for a free child's haircut at a place downtown called Embellish. Great timing!



My attempt at a "before" picture.




The girl who cut her hair did a great job. She put it in a little ponytail first and cut that off, and gave us the ponytail to take home.





Everyone kept commenting on how mature she was. (I think mostly she was just kind of stiff because she didn't know what to expect.)



She thought the towel was fun. ("It's like a hat!")



Dad watches.









This one just made me laugh, the way she's kicking back in the chair with her legs crossed.




"Is that my hair?"





The new 'do!



We went over to the Learning Sprout for a while, and got her a special treat. She was so good getting her hair cut!

I guess I won't be able to braid Kate's hair again for a while. But it sure is easier to brush now. Yay!

10 comments:

Heather T. said...

Holy cow, that is LIGHTYEARS beyond Allen's first (and many since) professional haircuts... I think we've gotten past the screaming stage, but the complaining stage (ouch! the clip is too tight! No, I want my bangs this way [draws oval all over face]) is still in full force... What a great look for her! I hadn't realized until that one pic just how long her hair was!

Lara Neves said...

She looks adorable! And she did a great job, too.

Jesse said...

She looks so old, I really enjoy Doug's facial expression. He looks so pensive. Was he?

chalfont9 said...

Oh, I'm not Jesse...The kids log in to my profile when I'm not looking.

Laura Call said...

Wow, that's quite a big deal! She looks adorable with her new haircut! I chuckled at the picture of her covering her eyes. And the one of her crossing her legs is funny... she looks more like she's 10 in that picture!

Anonymous said...

She looks gorgeous. We just got the kids hair cut today too. I'm spoiled because a lady comes to our house (apartment hallway) and cut Ahji's hair, both kids for $10 USD.

April said...

Pretty haircut. She looks so grown up!

mycattripoli said...

i love the crossed leg pic- the new cut really is sweet!

Wingnut said...

She is changing so much so fast! I love the photos! Adorable haircut.

Linda said...

Great photos!