Saturday, April 04, 2009

Marker Board

Doug made Kate a marker board, with a piece of dry-erase paper taped to a 12x12 canvas board. (Who knew there was such a thing as dry-erase paper? I didn't.) Kate's been having a lot of fun with her marker board, along with the Ed Emberley books that Grandma sent (that I used when I was little). She draws and erases, draws and erases, but I've managed to get pictures of a few of her creations before they were erased.



Kate says this is "Bambi all grown up."



I'm told there are three unicorns and a tyrannosaurus in this drawing. I was impressed by the curly mane.

6 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oh wow, how refreshing!! You don't know (yet) how problematic it is to find something wonderful and NEW to say about the 12 millionth TRAIN. Trains. Trains. Perhaps the occasional cat, but really, trains.

scrapper al said...

Dry erase paper? Who knew?! (Although this reminded me of the chalkboard my dad painted in the backyard for us; that was so fun.)I loved the Ed Emberley books. Glad Kate is enjoying them too.

Anonymous said...

Cuteness! She's an artist like her parents. Glad that Andy is sleeping (like a baby?) too. Take care.

Jeff and Carol said...

There is also Dry Erase Board PAINT!! You paint it on, it dries, then you color on it and wipe it off. Sooo cool!

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

I love her last picture. It took me a bit but I think I found all 3 unicorns. She sure puts lots of details in her drawings.

Amy Sorensen said...

I am totally impressed! She has your artistic flair. Kaleb won't stick with a crayon, marker, pencil, paint brush, or anything else for longer than 3 seconds and a few scribbles. It is AMAZING to me that Kate will just hang out and draw. I love it!

PS, I've been thinking about you and hoping the funeral went well.