Saturday, July 18, 2009

Family Picture, 2009 edition

Karen's brother (also Doug) was in town for work, so he came over on Sunday afternoon to take pictures. There's a green strip along the backyard fence that makes a nice backdrop. (None of that was there when we moved in--it's been neat to watch it grow over the past fifteen or so years.)

We tried this configuration first:



Yes, Kyle is about ten inches taller than Doug.



So then we tried something a little more streamlined, but had the usual trouble getting one with everyone looking good. Or at least looking as not-goofy as possible.



Kyle thinks this is fun! Peter and Karen are being cute. I apparently have a bug on my hand or something. (Actually I think I was looking at the light. We did end up moving back a little after this, because I could see that Doug and Andy were getting blown out.)



This is probably the best one that we got. Andy was complaining a lot by this point!



Karen and Elizabeth (and half of Peter)



Kyle



Family picture! Everybody smile! Or... not.



Betsey and Angie, cute as always.

6 comments:

Rebecca Holt Stay said...

Thanks for ALL the great photos!
Karen had told me about many of these moments, but now I feel like I was there.
I especially like the mom and kids group shots.

Kathey said...

I enjoyed all the different aspects of the family photos. Well done Love, Mom

Betsey said...

"Yes, Kyle is about ten inches taller than Doug."

I LOL'd! I love you, Doug.

Laura Call said...

Such beautiful family pictures!

I had to chuckle at the third one down... classic!

The Dreamstress said...

Awwww...it's a corgie! I love it!

Helena said...

That's Angie the chiwhatwhat.