Friday, May 01, 2009

Pinks and Potatoes

It's National Scrapbook Day! And I finished my big digital design project that I've been working on. This is a collection of fun handmade embellishments, all in different shades of pink.



(Update: Since NDISB has closed, this set is now available here.)

I've been working on pieces for this over the past year or so (my felt butterfly is in there), but I've been really focusing on it for the past couple of weeks, trying to get done in time for NSD. I kept coming up with more and more things, and probably could have kept going, but I figured this was a good stopping place!

I got to play with so many things in making these pieces... paper, ribbon, Sculpey, felt, beads, wire, cardboard, paint... and potatoes, of course. I made a potato-print flower and stamped a cardboard frame with it, and then turned the potato over to Kate to play with for a while.



I also stamped the potato in black and made some coordinating brushes.



HelenaJole_FlowerStamps.zip
(Click on that to download the zip file. Includes recoloring instructions.)

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

FABULOUS! Wow, those are just terrific, Helena!! No wonder you've been working so long... Wow!

Pam said...

How darling!!

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! You rock. Kinda had to giggle though, you have a baby boy and everything you made is pink...

Jeni said...

Thanks so much for the little freebie! I just have to say that your digital designs are GREAT! The lighting of everything is so perfect and your shadows are just amazing! Love your work!

Esther Andrews said...

Thanks Helena! These are so sweet! I used to do that as a kid with my Mum but could never interest my girls in doing it!
Esther (aka blue_eyed_pea)