Saturday, January 05, 2008

Twelfth Night

Here we are in 2008. I've only had to write the date twice, so far, but I remembered both times. Yay, me.

I've seen blog posts where people are picking a word to be their theme or focus for the year, or describing their goals or whatever. I don't really have anything concrete. We are looking forward to the birth of Peter and Karen's baby, any day now (her official due date is the 10th). We're planning to go to Ohio this summer and hope that all or most of the family will be able to be there too. I think I've got a better idea on what I want to focus on in designing, and I'm trying to come up with some organizational solutions for our apartment, though much of it has me largely baffled. (When you've got two computer desks in the living room, it kind of limits your options.)

Doug started a new quarter on Wednesday, and we're getting back into the swing of things. I think I'll like this schedule.

Today is the twelfth day of Christmas. I suppose the tree will have to come down now. Kate is going to be sad. She always reminds us to turn the tree on when she gets up in the morning. I've been wishing that we could really celebrate the twelve days of Christmas properly, but it's hard to feel Christmasy once we get past the big day and the presents and everything. (I can't decide whether that should be "Christmasy" or "Christmassy." Neither one really looks good.) Beyond keeping the decorations up, I guess we could keep playing Christmas music, and maybe have a little treat of some kind to look forward to at the end of the twelve days. I'll have to think about this for the future.

Of course, we can always listen to Kate singing again to celebrate.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy 12th night - our tree came down today. Although, our priest keeps his up through the entire Theophany (Epiphany) afterfeast, which takes it eight more days. Maybe you could too?

Oooh, and how exciting about the new baby! Whohooooo!

Amy Sorensen said...

My tree's still up, although I have promised myself it'll be down by the end of the day. It'll be our fhe project! Yay us! ;) It's disheartening to me, pulling it all down, and I've procrastinated way too long this year. Only 11 months until it can go back up...

(How about Christmas-y? Nah...still awkward. It's just one of those words, I guess!)

Karen Ahlstrom said...

I don't know if it'll be useful to yoou in creating an organizational scheme, but Flylady has really helped me keep up with the scheme I've theoretically had in place for years. It's also got good ideas for how to spend your time while getting whatever scheme you have going so that you don't get overwhelmed and discouraged. Check it out at flylady.com