Friday, January 11, 2008

Playing tag

I have been tagged by Katy!

1. Name your 2 favorite scrapbooking topics:
a. Kate (the subject of a large majority of the pictures I take)
b. ummm.... I'm going to say "places," looking at my overall body of scrapping.

2. What are the 2 best places you've been to?
broadly speaking,
a. Korea and
b. Newfoundland

3. Name 2 things you do every day:
a. make oatmeal
b. spend too long in the shower

4. Tell us 2 things that pretty much everyone knows about you.
a. I draw and stuff
b. I can't figure out what to do with my hair.

5. 2 places you wish to visit:
a. the Summer Palace in Beijing
b. Angkor Wat

6. 2 things you may not know about me are:
a. I played the flute briefly in elementary school
b. I sometimes give names to inanimate objects

7. 2 nicknames you've had at some time in your life:
a. Nayna
b. Lainie
(not sure on the spelling on either of those)

8. Name 2 of your favorite drinks:
a. orange juice
b. more orange juice

9. What are 2 interesting (in a good or bad way) jobs you have had in your life?
a. BYU pruning crew (loved it--we got to go all over campus and do lots of different things)
b. Cashier at the Dominion grocery in St. John's, Newfoundland. It wasn't that the job itself was so interesting, but I got to talk to all sorts of people (some of whom I could barely understand), and the job also led to other things happening.

10. What are your top 2 fun things to do after work?
Well, I don't really have an "after work," but I'll say
a. Go out to eat
b. Read in bed

11. What are 2 things you would like to learn:
a. stained glass
b. guitar (I play just a little)

12. What are the last 2 songs you downloaded or last 2 CD's you bought?
a. The Barra MacNeils' second Christmas album (didn't like it as well as the first)
b. and... ummm... Great Big Sea's "The Hard and the Easy"? (that was quite a while ago, but I can't remember anything else in between).

13. Name 2 movies you could watch or you have watched 100 times in your life and still watch again, no problem:
a. The Princess Bride
b. The Little Mermaid (I don't know about a hundred times, but certainly a whole lot of times)

14. What 2 songs will you always listen to in their entirety because they truly speak to you?
Golly, this is a hard one. There are songs that I really enjoy for their harmonies or whatever, or songs with clever lyrics that I like to listen to... Ah ha! I have thought of something:
a. There's a filk song by Kathy Mar called "When Giants Walked" that I remember being quite moved by the first time I heard it (Bob Kanefsky's version is brilliant and hillarious, as well).
b. and Erci Bogle's "The Green Fields of France" (also known as "No Man's Land"), which I originally came to through ... ummm... a filk song about a dead cat (also by Bob Kanefsky, as it happens). We don't have the song, but if I were ever out somewhere and heard it I would stop and listen.

I guess I'm supposed to add my own question here, but I can't think of anything and this is probably long enough as it is. I'm going to tag Cami and Amy, if they want to do it.

No comments: