Friday, September 28, 2007

Doodly-doos



Yesterday I was working in Corel Painter (or trying to) and Kate crawled up into my chair with me and wanted to play. The graphics tablet attracts her like magic. ("Color?") So I let her scribble on the screen a bit, and then she had me drawing animals for her. "Green mouse! Red rooster! Orange lion!" Animals are always her big thing. The other day Doug made her a paper dragon, which she received with great interest, then pointed at him and said, "Horse? Horse paper?" Now we have little paper animals all over the house. Poor kid--it's going to be quite a blow someday when she realizes there are things her parents can't do.

9 comments:

Mrs. Burns said...

Kiss the tongue, LOL! HAHA~ they won't be asking for long, how cute! GREAT doodles! How fun!

Unknown said...

That is very sweet! But my parents can still do anything, can't yours?

Patricia Hodge said...

Those are great doodles.

Chris said...

Wow, these are so fun! I'm lucky to manage a stick figure when the kids ask me to draw for them.

Gail T. said...

*bloghopped from eva's blog* your banners were lovely.

hello! i've skimmed your entries on your front page, and you write wonderfully. :)

love your doodles. my favorite is the orange lion.

p.s. i live in washington state too. :)

Freer Family said...

LOL! That hit the funny spot. I laughed so hard I snorted. :) Silly Kate.

Freer Family said...

Ok, I thought I posted the above comment to the "dilemma" post. I'm losing it.
BTW, very cute animal sketches!

Ernie said...

Great doodles! You know that you'll need to think about packaging them up, don't you! ;)

Heidi Smith said...

My Dad used to draw things for me all the time. I'd always crawl up in his lap with a tablet and pencil or crayon and ask him to draw me pictures to color. I wish I had saved some of them now though!