Friday, May 20, 2011

Kate's Starfish



We were down at Owen Beach and found this little dead starfish. Kate's been keeping a science notebook at school, so when we got home she wanted to write some observations about her starfish. She asked me how to spell a few words, but she wrote most of it herself.



Kate
My Starfish.

Mine is dead
and wet. it has some
pointy tentacles
and it's red.
it has circles on its
side. the end.

(I took out Kate's grocer's apostrophes... we'll have to work on that.)



We also found this little shell, which is now sitting on the kitchen windowsill along with some interesting rocks.

4 comments:

Helen in Australia said...

I love it.

I still don't do "its" and "it's" automatically, but I DO know to think about it and what to decide when I've thunked.

Deb said...

We've never found such a pretty shell or a starfish at Owen's. You guys did well!

Heather T. said...

What a lovely impulse, that she should take notes on her find! Well done, Kate!

Susan said...

Well, there are plenty of older people who have trouble with apostrophes, too. It seems to me that more and more people think apostrophes pluralize words.

Yikes!