Friday, March 19, 2010

Rose and Juan

Rose and Juan were married at the Soundview Ward chapel on February 12th.  Rose was looking for someone to take pictures, and a mutual friend asked me if I'd be able to do it.  It took me a month, with all the other stuff we had going on, to get all the pictures processed, a few more days to get ahold of Rose after that, and then a few more days to get these posted on my blog.  I know Laura wanted to see them, so I thought I'd just share a few here.

I borrowed Larry Golden's wide-angle lens and his external flash.  I ended up using them about half the time, and my 50mm with no flash on a higher ISO the other half.  I knew the lighting was going to be tricky.



At the end of the ceremony, Rose and Juan jumped over a broom (with everyone's flashes going off).




The group shots were a big exuberant mess.  There's something about that second shot that just makes me smile.



Dancing...



...and cake!

  Smile!

It was a wonderful, happy evening. I enjoyed meeting Rose and Juan and their families. Best wishes to the happy couple!

1 comment:

Laura Call said...

I'm so glad you posted these, I loved seeing them! They turned out great... I bet Rose was so happy with them!!