Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crochet sweater, red

Finished another sweater!

crochet sweater

I took this along to the hospital when Andy was born and worked on it there, and then got busy doing those myriad other things and left it unfinished for a while. The yarn I got was supposed to be burgundy. It's quite a bit redder than I expected. But I suppose this is okay. I like the way it turned out!

I got this one from one of the Japanese books that I ordered.  Somebody has posted the pattern here.  (The pictures should get big enough if you enlarge them all the way.)  I used Sinfonia yarn.  It's different but it hangs nicely.  Can't remember what hook size now... maybe F?  I usually wear a size 12, and this turned out to be a good fit for me. 



(Though I must say I prefer the photo from the back.)



Here's what it looked like blocking on a towel. The pineapple motif is pretty common in these Japanese patterns.

I have another sweater that's about 80% finished, too. Maybe when the weather cools down I can actually wear them!

14 comments:

domad said...

woooow heather you have a really stunning blog! I love your pics and your childs are soooooooooo cute!!

MamaBug said...

What a gorgeous sweater! I love the color, but I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected.

Hallie Owens said...

The sweater is BEAUTIFUL. How talented you are. Thanks for showing us.

Turtle Taylor said...

I love it! Beautiful!

Mimi said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and I think that's a great red.

Suzan said...

I love your work. It is beautiful.

The Dreamstress said...

I love that sweater! What a beautiful pattern, and such a gorgeous colour!

Tru said...

Did you ever come across the pattern? I would love if you could share it.

Carol said...

I've been looking for a pineapple cardigan pattern for a while and I keep seeing photos of an off-white one online, a photo out of a Japanese patten book. It's absolutely beautiful done in red, you did a stunning version. Is it possible to share the pattern, and if so, would we be able to understand it, being in Japanese? I would love to try my hand at it! Thanks for your posts!

Helena said...

Carol, you can email me
helenajole at netscape dot net

Unknown said...

Wonderful sweater! I found this pattern somewhere online, but only bits of it. I'm still new to crocheting & don't know how to put the pieces together. Did you sew yours?

Helena said...

I adapted it so that I joined the sleeves right onto the armholes as I made them, but yes I did seam the sides by hand. If I do this one again I think I'll seam the shoulders too. I think it might look better than way.

Unknown said...

This cardi is lovely. Where can I find the pattern? What book do you get it from? :)

Helena said...

you can email me
helenajole at netscape dot net