Friday, February 21, 2014

How we (and our bananas) spent mid-winter break.

University Place school district takes off the week of President's Day. Doug still had his classes, but the kids and I enjoyed some time at home. The weather was warming up, and Kate got to go over to friends' houses a couple of times, which was great and kept us from driving each other crazy!



Andy in the window light.



Baking! My friend Donna got me her friend's challa recipe. (We didn't have any poppy seeds but got some later.) Yummy!  Kate likes saying "challa."  She's got that fricative "ch" down. 



I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was hilarious, so I had to do it to our bananas. (They were, of course, the last ones to get eaten.)

I had a bit of excitement when I realized that one of my external hard drives had died. I've been using Backblaze for online backup, but I've never had to actually restore anything with it before. It worked great! It did take a while to download all my files, but I got everything back. Whew!

1 comment:

Heather T. said...

Oh boy, it's been a long time since I've seen a picture of Andy, I guess. Sooooooo big!