Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Heart You!



For Doug's birthday I picked up this bouquet of heart-shaped balloons.  The kids were more than happy to help Dad enjoy them.



The annual "pictures with the kids" shot--the balloons had to get in on the action.





Blowing away. ("Aaaaaaaaghhhh!")



Peekaboo!

We went to Southern Kitchen for dinner. Hadn't ever been there, but wanted to check it out. (It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.)  I didn't take my camera but wished I had when they brought out the strawberry lemonade--it's served in a mason jar with a huge pile of whipped cream on top.  Andy was freaked out by the whipped cream and wouldn't get near it, so I had to pour some lemonade into another glass for him.  (Then it was okay.)  This was quite a departure for us, as pretty much the only time we "go out" for American food is when we're traveling and can't find anything else.  Usually it's Mexican, Vietnamese, or Japanese/Korean.  So this wasn't really our usual thing, but it was fun to check it out, anyway, as it's kind of a local specialty. 

Happy birthday Doug! We heart you!

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Wonderful pictures, and I hope Doug had a great birthday! =)

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Oh dear me, I do love sweet tea. That sounds so good.