Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pin the Thingy on the Wossname



We had a joint Halloween party at church with the other ward that meets in our building. It's been a few years since we've had a Halloween party at all, so this was pretty exciting. Our Primary was in charge of the "pin the [variable] on the [variable]" booth, and I got to put the games together. (Linda found the ideas online.) I was also finishing up the vest for Kate's Bulborb costume (and having minor problems with the sewing machine), so it ended up being a really busy day. I had so many things I was getting together that I completely forgot to put Andy's costume on him as we were heading out the door.  He didn't seem to notice.



We had Pin the Tail on the Cat, Pin the Spider on the Web, Pin the Mouth on the Bat, and Pin the Nose on the Jack-o-Lantern. We had a lot of kids come through (some more than once). I helped out so we could have a couple going at the same time. (Pin with efficiency! Now with more blindfolds!) The spider was probably the most popular. Everyone wanted to try that one.



Kate tries out the spider...



...and the bat.



Molly Beecher is a fan of spiders. (She has a pet tarantula!)

With two wards it was really busy and crowded (and took forever to stand in line for dinner. They had hotdogs and treats for everybody, and I found some yummy vegetable soup that I could eat). Andy was a bit overwhelmed so Doug ended up taking him home early, but Kate had a great time.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hey, that's my new Shapeways Hogwarts tag!