Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wildwood Park



Wildwood Park in Puyallup has this gorgeous little spot with a playground next to a shallow stream. We were out there a couple of weeks ago and loved it, so we went back with some Primary friends (from church) and took the camera.



Andy tip-toeing into the cold water.



The bank on the other side of the stream has this cool network of exposed roots (lots of erosion from years of climbing children, I'm sure). The whole place just makes a lovely setting. It actually reminded me of a cross between Korea and John Bryan State Park where I grew up in Ohio. (But without the humidity.)



Getting some help from Daddy.



Kate had a bit of seed fluff (like the kind you'd get from a milkweed plant) that she was playing with, and she was quite distraught when she dropped it and couldn't find it.





Andy, framed.

I ended up taking more pictures of the other kids than of my own. Here are a few:






We took along some lunch. I've discovered that it's difficult to get the kids to stop playing long enough to eat. Maybe next time we'll have them eat in the car.

2 comments:

Barbie Mills said...

Wow, what a beautiful place. Kind of magical, almost.

Helen in Australia said...

I have so many (vague but appreciated) happy memories of childhood picnics and explorations. These are important activities. :-)