Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pink Dress



I finally got some pictures of Kate in her pink dress.  (Not what I wanted, with the harsh sunlight, but it's something!)



The bodice turned out a bit too long.  When I was making it I was almost done with the front and decided it was too short, so I ripped out the top and added on a couple more inches.  Then when I got the whole thing put together, I thought, "Oh, I guess I should have left it the way it was."  I wasn't really going for the drop-waist look.  (Maybe it'll fit better next year!)



All in all I think it worked pretty well. I may try making some more along the same lines.

6 comments:

Cloves said...

Wow, that looks great. I think the length is nice.

king bacon2 said...

It looks lovely! It will fit next year too. I love the pattern that you used.

Helen in Australia said...

That looks gorgeous. (And, to me, the length looks fine too!)

Heather T. said...

Oh my, what a dress! That's just awesome!

Jamie Velez said...

That's such a cute dress! What a beautiful family.

Jake and Jenny said...

You amaze me with all your talents! Love the pink!