Wednesday, September 08, 2010

en plein air

I've been painting outside!



Finally got started on the model train backdrop. Doug goes back to work in two weeks, so I'm trying to get as much done as I can before then. I've set up shop on the back porch.



Getting a nicely blended sky across eighteen feet of plywood takes some work.



I don't think there's any way I could work on this in the house, with Andy running around and climbing on things and "helping." Painting outside is also not without its hazards, as I find myself flicking stray aphids off the boards, or scrambling to move everything when the sprinklers come on unexpectedly. (Yep, that happened. It was like some cruel joke. They never turn the sprinklers on during the day.)

After this I may relocate to Rebecca's basement and see how much I can get done on Saturdays. I'm also getting an MP3 player so I can listen to audiobooks while I paint.

4 comments:

Denise said...

wow! i can already tell that is going to be beautiful. i envy your talent!

Mimi said...

You are so lovely! Great photo!
And, urgh on the sprinklers. And, unfortunately, I don't think our weather has been helpful either.

Kathey said...

Go Helena Go! I'm glad you're getting to work on it. It looks REALLY good.

Tania said...

Can't wait to see the finished product.