Thursday, July 08, 2010

home again, home again

We've been on the move! We spent the Independence Day weekend in Idaho with some of Doug's family. It was a lot of fun and we had a great time. It was also a very long drive and we were happy to get home. I downloaded The Tale of Despereaux from audible.com for the trip, but then we discovered that it wouldn't play on anything we had, so we didn't get to listen to it in the car.

Some friends watched the pillbugs for us while we were gone. (They need to be sprayed with water a few times a day so they don't dry out.) We have babies! They are so cute! Like little tiny white sesame seeds with legs. I haven't been able to get a picture because they are so small, and also rather shy. I gave them some moss that I picked up outside and they seem to enjoy that a lot. (Our pillbug-sitters reported that they also made quick work of some McDonald's lettuce.)

So, I have lots of things to post about but I'm still feeling a bit shell-shocked from the trip. We also went down to Portland the week before that and saw the animatronic dinosaurs at the zoo. I haven't posted about that yet, either.

It got hot all of a sudden. Not quite as hot as that horrible week last year (knock on wood) but definitely not comfortable. I'll have to make sure we have plenty of ice and popsicles in the freezer!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you are back. Sorry it is hot--I know how that feels!

Heather T. said...

Welcome back! =)

Mimi said...

Welcome back, and congratulations on the pillbug babies!