Friday, June 18, 2010

Kate, in black



Kate finished her first gymnastics class at the YMCA. It was the preschool gymnastics class for 4-5 year olds, one hour once a week. It was rather chaotic, with only one teacher at a time trying to keep 7-10 kids on task, and I don't know if she really learned anything, but she had a good time. I got her this cute black leotard and black shorts to wear.

I was going to take my camera the last day of class, but I miscalculated and class ended a week earlier than I was thinking. So, no pictures this time.



I took these when we had the travel crib outside for Andy's 17 month pictures.



I braided Kate's hair to keep it out of the way. It always ended up looking like this pretty quickly.



Big smile!

I asked Kate if she wanted to take gymnastics again this session, and at first she said no. We're signed up for swimming lessons this time. Now she says she does want to do gymnastics again.

3 comments:

Wingnut said...

That last photo is *awesome*!

Helen in Australia said...

Ah the fickleness of five-year-olds!

Susan said...

Of course she says she wants to do gymnastics again, but she'll love swimming too.