Monday, October 19, 2009

Noodles!

Chuseok has come and gone, along with Canadian Thanksgiving (so what's with us Americans having our harvest holiday at the end of November, anyway?). We've never actually done anything for chuseok. Usually I don't know when it is till it's past. This time I did know, but we still didn't do anything.

We did, however, go out for Korean food for my home-from-mission-day on August 18th. Doug had jap chae and I had naeng myun. Love those cold noodles on a hot day. Yum.






Kate is nowhere close to figuring out chopsticks, but she always has to have her own pair anyway.

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

Hehehe, Allen has amused us immensely with the "eating" part of using chopsticks... the jabbing part he's got down, however. ;)

Helen in Australia (via Oxford) said...

Where's the kimchi?! (I was eating in a restaurant in Seoul with some maths education colleagues from around the world, including a Korean. He was explaining to us about the dishes we were having, most of which turned out to be versions of kimchi. When the whole fish came out, my South African colleague decided not to ask what this was because there seemed to be a clear pattern in the dish descriptions. He therefore asserted that this new dish must be "smiling kimchi"!!

Helena said...

The orange stuff back behind the bean sprouts is a kimchi. There was at least one other, too.

Amy Sorensen said...

I am nowhere close to figuring out chopsticks either, Kate!

Dare I confess that I'm not a big fan of Asian food? The meat always seems so...unindentifiable, I guess. Mysterious. Am I really eating chicken here? So there are only a few Asian restaurants where I will eat. But your photos have me craving my favorite Chinese restaurant's noodles.

Yum indeed!

Helen in Australia (via Oxford) said...

Ahh. I'd suspected as much (about the orange one) but wasn't 100% sure. Needed a taste test to tell for definites (either that, or it has to be smiling!)