Saturday, February 14, 2009

Andy says, "Happy Valentine's Day!"



My sister-in-law Karen sent this set of "Baby's First" bibs, with cute applique pictures for different holidays. There are three bibs, but they're reversible, so there are six different holidays (well, five holidays and birthday). Such a clever idea! They arrived yesterday (good timing) so I thought I'd have Andy model this one for Valentine's Day.




It turns out my camera is fine, but my lens has stopped auto-focusing. (This is the 50mm 1.4 lens.) This means the camera won't fire when the lens is on auto, since it can't achieve a focus lock. It'll work fine on manual. I do have my 100mm lens, too, but it's not very good for indoors, since it requires more light and more room. I'll probably replace the 50mm as soon as I can. For now I guess I'll be practicing my manual focusing skills.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer on your lens! That's my favorite lens myself.

Andy is just adorable! I remember watching you document Kate at this age. Geez, they grow up fast!

Manda

Anonymous said...

Sweetness! That's a great idea for bibs and a present. He's my favorite valentine this year.

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

Hali came and asked to see the baby this morning. I think he's her favorite valentine this year too. Sweet pictures.

Kathey said...

Darling.

Love, Grandma

Mimi said...

That is a brilliant idea!

Laura Call said...

My Grandma sent me this same set of holiday bibs when Chloe was born... they're darling! So fun to use them each holiday... and now we still use them even when it's not a holiday just because we need bibs!

Andy has such bright, beautiful eyes!

Lorri said...

That face! He's like a baby model...so cute!

mycattripoli said...

what a sweet boy to love on valentines day!

UnseasonablyWarm said...

SO adorable. I just want to bite him and squeeze him! (both lovingly and nicely of course!) ...Jill