Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Andy at 1 week

I'm a bit late posting, but these were taken on Saturday. Kate was born on a Monday, and I did Monday pictures with her, so I guess Andy will have Saturday pictures.




Andy is now the cordless model and had his first bath at home last night.

He's sleeping four-hour stretches at night. Monday night, this was unfortunately followed by four hours of not sleeping, but we did a little better last night. We must get this boy's days and nights straightened out. I've been trying to do that "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing and get some good afternoon naps. It helps.

Kate has been acting out a little, so we've been trying to give her lots of attention. I think she's warming up to the idea. She does like to snuggle Andy, and helps me out by getting a new diaper when I need one. Doug's mom got here Monday evening, so Kate should have enough people around to keep her well-attended.

I have to say I am so glad to have a washer and dryer. When Kate was born we were living in a one-bedroom apartment where we had to haul our clothes downstairs to the complex's laundry room. That was difficult, with a new baby. I feel like we've got it pretty easy now!

13 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Helena! Just spent some time catching up on your blog. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is a gorgeous baby! I hope you're feeling good and able to enjoy his first few weeks. ooooh...I keep looking at today's photos and just want to hold him!

Barbie Mills said...

I'm glad you have a washer and dryer too. That WOULD be hard.

Anonymous said...

He's so beautiful...and so alert in those photos! I'm glad everything is going well.

Kathey said...

Awww. So cute and so sweet. I can see some of Kate in him too. He also makes good screen saver fodder.

Love, Mom

Heather T. said...

You are so funny, Helena--"cordless version" *giggles* I love your pictures--his skin looks flawless!

Kristi said...

LOL at the cordless version too!

He is adorable!! He looks llike the Gerber baby! Congrats!

Laura Call said...

I have honestly never seen a newborn with such a perfect face!

Carin said...

Helena he is so adorable. I am sure Kate will get excited about having a brother soon enough.

Mimi said...

It's hard to lose that first spot, hugs to Kate.

Erika said...

Oh man, I used to have to do laundry with a baby and a two year old, that was HARD! I would try to start a load when the baby was asleep and the big kid was distracted. Difficult times, man. I don't miss those parts for sure :) Your kids are so dang cute. And so are YOU! love you sis.

Horn Family said...

Congratulations!!! He is just adorable! We will be in town on the 29th of this month! I hope to see you! I am so happy for you and your family!!! : )

notetoself said...

He's precious, Helena!

UnseasonablyWarm said...

Beautiful Beautiful baby! It makes my uterus skip and beat and I must rest.cute.baby.desires. LOL

Congrats! ...Jill