Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Attempting to get a picture after three hours of church:





We've been teaching Kate "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" and "My Daddy is my favorite pal," so she could sing with the primary kids in Sacrament Meeting. She got the first one down fine (with motions--those are fun) and was doing pretty well on the second. I figured she'd be excited to be able to sing along. Well, she seemed excited enough to go up there, and she did do the motions, but she didn't sing at all. But we still thought she was awfully cute. :)

Doug said to me recently that, more than just being a dad, he loves being Kate's dad. Sometimes he'll watch her when she's sleeping, and he'll tell me how much he loves her, and I can just see him turn into a big puddle of goo. Our little girl sure knows how to melt Daddy's heart. I know he'll be a wonderful daddy to our new little one, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a pterodactyl Kate's holding?

Laura Call said...

What a sweet and loving dad.

Theresa said...

Awwwww, that's so sweet, Helena!!!