Friday, December 14, 2007

The Five-Hour Octopus



The last thing I crocheted was a little green baby dress that Kate wore when she was about six months old. It's been quite a while. But I suddenly got the urge to make something, so when Kate and I were at Artco the other day I picked up some yarn. I started on it last night and this was the result.




(No pattern, I just kind of made it up as I went.) I figured out how to do it all in one piece so I didn't have to stitch the legs on, which was great. The five hours is just a rough guess--I didn't really keep track.

It was going to be for Christmas, but Kate has already claimed it so I guess that's not going to happen. She kept trying to play with it while I was making it, and getting tangled up in the yarn.

7 comments:

April said...

That's adorable Helena! :)

Flergs said...

I love it! Now that is so cute!!!

Tell me Helena where oh where is this Scared of Santa gallery??? I HAVE to see it!

PS your little Kate looks so cute in her hat!

Mary said...

That Octopus is too freakin awesome!! Your too talented do you think it'd take me like a whole week to do that being a newbie and all, LOL

Carin said...

Adorable Helena!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That's so cute! I'm totally jealous of your crocheting abilities. Do you think you could post instructions? I mean, not like full out crochet patterns 'cause I don't get those. But maybe something like double stitch two, increase one for each row, then decrease and then to make the adorable curly legs do this~~~. 'course if it's more complicated than that (which, considering it's from the great Helena, and most likely is) then simple instructions wouldn't work and I'm totally out of luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and do you have any idea why blogger blogs won't let me post a link to my non-blogger blog through my name in the comment? It's all in chinese for me...

Anonymous said...

Ah well, I figured out how to change it over to English (they've made it a lot easier than before, just a dropdown choice on the home page. Last time my hubby searched for 20 minutes or more so that's why I was procrastinating on that.) It has something to do with open id. But I have a wordpress blog, so I can use open id. Isn't that fascinatin! Feel free to delete this comment and the other one, don't want to hijack yer comment thread.