Sunday, October 21, 2007

Don't let the pigeon etch-a-sketch


I was looking at Mo Willems's blog this morning and saw these cute pigeon drawings sent in by kids, and I was inspired to dig up this picture from a few months ago. Kate was asking me to draw things for her on this little mini etch-a-sketch, and she wanted a picture of the pigeon (which was not easy, let me tell you). I've seen pictures of amazing etch-a-sketch drawings. It's such an ephemeral art form. What if you want to save your creation?

5 comments:

Mimi said...

You are brilliant! I can't believe you did that on an Etch-a-Sketch.

Molly Newman said...

Amazing.

And, obv., you take a photo of it and post it to your blog, where it will live forever via the miracle of Google's cache and/or the Wayback Machine. Instant immortality...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!:) Thanks for dropping by too in my blog!

Btw, I have to say I ADORE your red ribbons..I picked it up last weekend along with the rose flowers of yours and love them! Can I have a request? I'd love if you can make different colors plus other styles of those ribbons? Pretty please??? hehe

Have a great evening and take care!

Amy B. said...

I actually saw someone who could save his etch a sketch drawings. he was quite good and had figured out how to drain the little filings out of the back and then I think he filled it with some sort of epoxy.

This of course made the etch a sketch non usable for more drawing.

I like your pigeon. One of these days, I need to get my hands on those pidgeon books. they look very funny.

Janinel said...

Haha! That is awesome; I read this book to my five year old kindergartens all the time!