Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Anticipation

Doug and I haven't generally made a big deal of Christmas. Some years we've spent with family, but when we've just been home alone we haven't gotten a tree. (Though we did once make two little paper ornaments and hang them on a baby orange tree that someone had given us.) And last year we were in Utah for Barb's wedding, and then spent Christmas with Doug's sister Melody and her family.

This year we are going to be home, and we are getting a tree. I've been collecting decorations. Kate is quite intrigued by some of the ornaments in the stores, and all the snowmen--she's in snowman heaven. This is going to be a fun Christmas.

And I ordered a graphics tablet! Hooray! I've been wanting one for a long time. I paid for it all myself, with the money I made designing. Now I just have to wait for it to get here! I've been having dreams about it and everything. Ooooh.

The lovely and very talented Gina Miller mentioned my painted flower brushes on her blog today. I'm all a dither.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say HI! Your daughter is adorable!!!!! :)

Mimi said...

Enjoy. Christmas is such a magical time through the eyes of a young child.

Theresa said...

Oh yay! Christmas will be SO fun this year! Each year seems a little more magical as they get a little older. You will have such a wonderful time experiencing Christmas through Kate this year.