Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A digital valentine



I've been working on this for a few days--my first attempt at a digital scrapbooking element.

I made the heart frames in Corel Draw, since I'm more familiar with that program for vector graphics, then moved on to Photoshop. I used the "atomic gold" action from atomiccupcake.com, which is very cool. For the insides I made a basic heart and added lighting effects, then put a gradient map over it and had fun filling the gradient with different colors. The marbling was done with a mask made from difference cloud filters. I made the highlights myself. That part was very tricky--it took a long time to get them looking the way I wanted them.

I found some space on our FTP server to host the .png file for a while, just in case anyone out there would like to use it. The image is 11" long and 300 dpi. To download, right-click here and choose "save target as."

May 5--I took the file down to make room for my Children's Day freebie. Let me know if you'd still like it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beuatiful. Thanks for the freebie, and as your first attempt, WOW I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty. Almost like a charm bracelet. Good job and thank yo for sharing.

Amy B. said...

I love it Helena! the marbling effect is awesome.

I discovered I'm very behind on your blog. I love the picture of kate in her church dress just starting to walk. what fun adventures she has in store for you. ;)

oh and have you bought the eye patch yet for your little pirate? teehee.

Anonymous said...

Thats just beautiful, Helena!

April said...

Wow Helena! Amazing, as the things you do tend to be. :)

Anonymous said...

That's cool, Helena!!!

liannallama said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for the wonderful gift!

Kristi said...

Very cool, Helena!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did a terrific job on this! Totally cool. :-)

Anonymous said...

See, that's why I like you, Helena...you still use Corel products. Think that you and I are the only ones? ;)

LOVELY graphic!

Megan said...

Well, thanky!