Saturday, November 19, 2005

Return to Hogwarts

Doug's mom arrived on Monday, and then we went out to Port Orchard four days in a row (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday--whew!). Kate had a good time playing with Grandma Mary while I worked on the Cupboard Under the Stairs. Most of that time was spent working on this bridge. I was hoping I could just concentrate on painting for a few days and get a lot done, but it's still slow going. There's a lot of exacting work in that bridge, with all the straight lines and the arches that all have to be about the same size.



Getting back to Hogwarts now seems timely, with the fourth movie opening this week. I mentioned to Doug that if we go see it he could wear his Ravenclaw robe. That would be fun. We did go see Serenity in the theater, and left Kate with a babysitter for the first time ever. She did great, so I'm sure we could do it again, but we haven't decided yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It's gorgeous, Helena!

Anonymous said...

If I had just an ounce of your talent...

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! Helena, this is just amazing. Everytime you post pictures of your progress, I am more impressed. Truly, your talent blows my mind. What a gift. I am so happy that you are able to use it. What beauty you create around you. YOU GO GIRL!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the previous comments. I just asked you the other day what it felt like to know that you can do this amazing thing . . .

Did I ask you if the owner of the house is going to put a mail slot in the closet door? There really should be a mail slot in door like the one in the front door of the Harry's Uncle and Aunt's house. The one the invitation(s) to attend Hogwart's came flying through.

It would be fun for the kids to get things through it, too!

It's quite spectacular!

Mimi said...

Whohooo! Congratulations on the uninterupted painting and also on the date night. I'm such a fan!

Carin said...

Helena you are amazing!

Jamie said...

That mural is FANTASTIC. My goodness. You're an incredible artist.