Thursday, September 03, 2015

Kid Shirts!



I made shirts yesterday!  It was a spur-of-the moment thing.  I thought they turned out really cute.  The kids were, perhaps, somewhat less enthused, but they were willing to pose for me. (Conveniently, both of our kids have four-letter names!  Isn't that lucky?)



The idea popped into my head in the morning while I was puttering around, and  I got to work on the stamps right away.  I cut the letters out of craft foam and glued them to another layer of foam. (That's the 5mm Silly Winks from Hobby Lobby--last time I was there they didn't have white so I got pink.)  I think it took me about an hour to do both Kate's and Andy's names. 



I got some Versatex Printing Ink that I have plans for. This was a good dry run. I started out rolling the ink out in a tray and pressing the stamp in it, but then realized that I could get better coverage by brayering it right onto the stamp.



Yes, I'm living dangerously here--didn't put down the drop cloth. No mishaps!



The stamping part was super easy. The hardest part was running downstairs between each color to wash out the brayer in the "work" sink. The orange is a bit brighter than I was thinking.  All the colors are really bright.  It works well here, but I might try to mix them and tone them down a bit for other projects.

That was fun!  What else can I stamp?

No comments: