Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dragons, Monsters, and a Cookie Spider



Kate brought this home from school. She named it Licorice, and then ate it for her after-homework snack. (I was relieved that she did decide to eat it, rather than keeping it as a friend.  I could see her wanting to do that.)



We were over at the Tracys' recently to practice a song for a special musical number at church. Kate treats the Tracys' house as something like a toy library. This time she borrowed a little Fisher Price dragon that she calls Golden. When we got home, she told me she wanted to write some things about Golden (like she did with her starfish.) She had me draw a picture of Golden which she colored in, and then she wrote this:

by Kate and Mom
note (my mom that is)

We discovered that Golden eats presls
[that's pretzels] and cheddar cheese cheese cheese.
Golden is a treasure finder.


(She did ask me how to spell a few words.)



And here's a little "Things I Like" book that Kate made at school.

Written and Illustrated by: Kate AKA Randall (that's Randall from Monsters Inc.)



I like dragins
I like bugs




I like my cornr (this is something about a spot in her classroom. Kate tells me that the bit above that says "Note, how long is this book")
I like giyint squids (I love her spelling. The squid is cute too.)



I like Spore (computer game)
I like zoos



I like me to

I love seeing what she comes up with.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like Kate!!