Friday, October 01, 2010

Crochet Overdress

We didn't make it to the fair this year. We were going to go on opening day, when you can get in free before noon, but Andy was feverish so we stayed home. But I did enter something again this year!



I crocheted this piece to go over this dress that I got for Kate. I cobbled together the pattern using two different Japanese patterns, and a row of the Irish roses that I learned back in high school.



(Here's the back.)




Since we didn't go to the fair I didn't know how I'd done, but my friend Becki let me know that I'd won a blue ribbon, and sent me a picture that she took with her phone.

I didn't include the red dress with the submission, since I didn't make that part, but they came up with something similar for the display!



Click here to see it on Kate!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The piece is gorgeous and the ribbon is much deserved...

Cindy said...

That's beautiful! You need to post a picture of Kate wearing it now.

Heather T. said...

Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations!

Helen in Australia said...

I love your capacity to "cobble together"! :-) It's beautiful.

Shari said...

Wow! You've got skills!

scrapper al said...

Beautiful work! Your stitches are so even. Congratulations on your blue ribbon.

Kathey said...

This is wonderful. Yes, please do post some pictures of Kate wearing it. How long did it take you to make it?

Mimi said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations.

Wingnut said...

Gorgeous! Wow! Congrats!

Amanda said...

축하합니다! 잘 하섰어요!

Laura Call said...

You are so talented, Helena! This is such a beautiful piece... I'm not surprised you received a blue ribbon for it!

Sarah said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!! I want to see it on a person.