Friday, February 13, 2009

My Daddy, by Kate, age 4. (Happy Birthday!)

It's Doug's birthday today! I thought it would be fun to interview Kate and make a little book for Doug. We did this a couple of days ago (I had to use Doug's PDA to record her answers, since she was talking too fast for me to write them down).

What's your daddy's name?
Ummm... Doug!

What do you like to do with Daddy?
Well, I like to play in the snow and throw snowflakes and make footprints and play soccer ball and make funny animal tracks and make a snowman, and then we can camp in the night while the sun goes down!

What do you think Daddy's favorite food is?
I know, maybe a birthday cake with candles on it, and then we can sing Happy Birthday to Daddy and then he can blow out the candles like this, and then we can eat it like this!

What do you think Daddy's favorite color is?
His favorite color is tan.

Yeah? Why?
Because he likes that.

Where does Daddy work?
He works onto the computer at home, and he works on paper here too. He works on the computer like that and he works on stuff.

Where does he work when he goes away? Where does he go, during the day when he's gone?
I know, at school!

What does he do at school?
Yeah! Because Daddy will pretend to be the teacher!

Where do you and Daddy like to go together?
I know, we like to go to the library later to get some new books. And then we can go to the library to get some movies too. Yeah, and then Daddy and I can go home to watch the library movies.

What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy in the house?
I know, play tag when I'm feeling better. And then I can play tag and I can take baths.

What's your favorite book to read with Daddy?
I know... maybe... The Girl's Like Spaghetti!

What is Daddy's talent? What is he really good at?
He's good at doing a talent show of the Elephant and Piggie dance!

What does Daddy do at church?
He likes to sing songs into a book, and then he likes to go into the class to the teacher, and then he can go back home here.

What does Daddy wear to church?
I know, he wears a coat and coat pants.

And anything else?
And... a hat!

A hat? What else does he wear?
Hat? And a shirt?

Does he wear anything around his neck? At church?
No... not actually!

What do you help Daddy do? Are you a good helper?
Make many foods.

How old do you think Daddy is?
Ten years old?

Who's Daddy's favorite little girl?
Me!

Kate provided a couple of illustrations, also, which I shall try to include as soon as I can--my scanner isn't hooked up to the new computer yet and my camera has (eep!) decided to go on the fritz.

Edit: Here are Kate's illustrations!



This is Daddy. Kate tells me he's holding a toy snake.



This is a birthday cake with a "smiley face decoration." Kate says the round thing on the bottom is a balloon.

Happy Birthday Doug!

8 comments:

Kathey said...

Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! Happy 10th birthday, Doug.

--Love, K

nadine said...

That was way too cute. I can just see her doing the impersinations. That is a way cute idea. Well Happy Birthday Uncle Doug

Pam said...

Awwwwwww! She is so sweet! Happy Birthday, Doug! Enjoy being 11 again;),

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahahaha! This is adorable! Tan, giggle.

Happy Birthday, Doug.

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

Happy Birthday Doug! What a sweet and wonderful daughter you've been blessed with.

Laura Call said...

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh out loud! What a cute idea... this was so fun to read!

Laura Call said...

P.S. Happy late Birthday, Doug!!! Hope it was wonderful!

Kathey said...

Also love the illustrations!

Love, Grandma