Friday, November 28, 2008
I finished my sweater (a couple of weeks ago, actually--just hadn't gotten around to posting about it yet). I wore it to church and got Doug to take some pictures for me afterward. This is the first pattern I've done from the Japanese books that I got.
I've decided I really like charted patterns. The construction of this one was kind of complicated, but once I got started it wasn't too hard to figure out. (I still managed to mess up a couple of rounds and had to tear them out, just from not paying close enough attention to the chart.)
It came out a little smaller than I was expecting, after seeing Catheryn's. I asked her about it and she said she used the sport weight rayon Petalspun, and not bedspread weight after all. Maybe I'll try that later. (It looks like it hangs nicer, too.)
I've already ordered some more books. Yikes.