Tuesday, August 12, 2008

déjà vu

Well, the big reveal is tomorrow. Assuming baby cooperates. Kate's been talking about having a sister. Though she sometimes refers to her friends as "sisters," too, so I'm not sure if she understands that this is going to be a baby and not somebody she can play with right off.

It's funny how close the timing on this is to my first pregnancy. The due date is only a few days after Kate's birthday. In fact, it just dawned on me last night that Kate's ultrasound was on August 13, too. I remember because it was Doug's half-birthday. (Barb was the one who pointed that out. It's her half-birthday too.) I really didn't plan it that way, that's just when they scheduled me. And other things are similar, too--at church I was recently called as the Relief Society chorister, which is the same thing I was doing when I was pregnant with Kate. Now all I need is a mural to paint a few weeks before giving birth. (Seriously, if you know anybody in the area who wants a mural before December, let me know!)

Here's a belly shot from Sunday (19 weeks).

12 comments:

mycattripoli said...

That is a dear and sweet picture! I hope the u.s. goes well!

dg said...

Congratulations! I had no clue you were pregnant! That's a beautiful picture.

Also..regarding your blog title...my sister is ALWAYS telling me that I "do it the hard way." So I always smile when I see your title!

Jerilynn said...

Good luck with the US - I'm guessing girl due to all of the common fators Ü

Heather T. said...

Oh, so adorable a belly... have fun finding out!

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet picture. I hope you don't leave us hanging.... my sister just had a baby girl yesterday. Chloe Sage.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Beautiful photo!! I hope your little one cooperates for the big reveal. I enjoy your blog so much, I have for a long time. But this is the first time I have posted a comment. I am trying to shake the shyness. Kate is adorable and I have enjoyed watching her grow.

Cece

Kathey said...

Your sweet picture brought tears to my eyes. (I always was good at blubbering.) Your similarities are very interesting. Good luck today! We'll be waiting to hear from you.

Love, Mom

Kristen said...

I want a mural, are you sure you don't want to move to ID!! HAHA

Mimi said...

You look so lovely! Beautiful, and I like that dress too.

My kids are about a month apart (a touch less) and I had that same feeling as dates lined up fairly similarly. But you so have me beat, grin. Prayers that the u/s goes well and all is happy, healthy and revealed!

scrapper al said...

Such a cool dress! You look beautiful!

Laura Call said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you (and the baby)!

dg said...

When Kami from 2Peas tagged my blog today, I selected six of my favorite home/gardening/crafty blogs to "tag". I hope you'll play along!

You can click on my name to get back to my blog for directions on how to play. Thanks!